- Applicants must hold a current Graduate Student Membership in NACTA or must send the membership form and check to the NACTA Secretary/Treasurer to be received by February 1st (see http://www.nactateachers.org/ ). Please indicate that you hold a current Graduate Student Membership in NACTA or indicate the date you postmarked your membership form and check. This will be verified with the Secretary/Treasurer.
- Nominee must have been involved in classroom instruction (including laboratory and discussion sections) for a minimum of one year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) or the equivalent.
- Must be a graduate student in good academic standing.
Selection Criteria FOR YOUR DOSSIER:
- A cover page, including membership status to address eligibility. The cover page should include the following information:
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominator;
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominee;
- "Graduate Student Teaching Award Nomination" should be included on the cover page; and
- Cover letter addressed to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee.
- An essay by the nominee on his or her teaching philosophy, not to exceed five typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A complete description of nominee's specific teaching involvement.
- A self-evaluation of nominee's teaching activities (e.g., what was done well and where could improvements be made).
- A summary of student evaluations of teaching, plus completed Teacher - Current Student or Teacher Alumnus/Alumna forms from 2-3 current or former students.
- A completed Graduate Student Evaluation Form from a faculty member directly involved in the nominee's teaching activities.
- A completed Graduate Student Evaluation Form from an administrator directly related to the nominee's teaching activities.
- A statement about nominee's involvement in activities related to teaching outside of the classroom (clubs, review sessions, committees, etc.)
- Nominee's resume/vita, limited to 4-pages total.
A photograph and short biography of each award recipient will be included in the awards program at the annual conference. Submit a biography not to exceed 150 words in WordPerfect or Word format, along with a good picture in the form of a JPG or GIF file (the larger/better quality, the better your picture will be) and don't forget your funniest moment in teaching story :). The biography, picture, and funny story should be uploaded along with your award packet.
New instructions: Submit all award nominations online at http://nactaawards.expressacademic.org/login.php
Deadline: Nomination materials for all awards (except Distinguished Educator and Teaching Award of Merit) must be uploaded at the website by 11:59 PM on February 1st.