Teaching Award Of Excellence Checklist
(Must be included with nomination packet)
** Note: All recipients are expected to attend the NACTA Awards Conference and Banquet. NACTA does not cover expenses: registration, travel, lodging, meals, etc.
- Nomination packet with label is due via website submission by 11:59PM March 1st.
- A photograph and short biography of each award recipient will be included in the awards program at the annual conference. Submit a biography not to exceed 250 words in WordPerfect or Word format, along with a good picture in the form of a JPG or GIF file (the larger/better quality, the better your picture will be). The biography and picture should be sent via e-mail to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee.
- Cover page - Include: addresses, phone numbers & e-mail information for nominee & nominator.
- Divider 1: NACTA Teaching Award of Excellence Checklist.
- Divider 2: Nominator's letter addressed to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee, including:
A. Evidence of a current Active NACTA Membership and teaching appointment
B. The year that you received both the NACTA Teacher Fellow (must have been 5 years previous or earlier) and the Regional Teaching Award (must have been 3 years previous or earlier).
- Divider 3: Teaching Philosophy (Not to exceed 5 typewritten double-spaced pages).
- Divider 4: Promotion and Enhancement of Teaching Statement.
- Divider 5a: Course Evaluations (Last 3 years - include instrument).
- Divider 5b: Teacher Evaluation forms (No more than 10 from current students).
- Divider 6: Alumni Evaluation forms (5-10 used from last five year's graduates).
- Divider 7: Administrative Officer Evaluation forms (Minimum of one, but not more than three - Department Head, Associate Dean, Dean). Evidence that the nominee has been on a full-time appointment involving at least 25% teaching for at least five of the past seven years is required (refer to Administrative Form, found on the main page**).
- Divider 8: Peer Evaluation forms (Minimum of one, but not more than three - enhanced by peers outside of your institution).
- Divider 9: Involvement or contributions to NACTA.
- Divider 10: Nominee Self-Evaluation which should address the following:
- Availability to students.
- Ability to attract and motivate students.
- Use of current, innovative and effective teaching methods.
- Current in subject matter.
- Scholarly activities related to teaching.
- Active participation in departmental and institutional affairs.
- Mediator of the campus culture and link to the public.
- Student related activities (e.g. advisor to clubs, student recruitment, etc.)
- Divider 11: Nominee's resume/vita, limited to 4-pages total.
Updated January 17, 2012.