- Applicants must hold a current Graduate Student Membership in NACTA or must send the membership form and check to the NACTA Secretary/Treasurer to be received by February 1st (see http://www.nactateachers.org/ ). Please indicate that you hold a current Graduate Student Membership in NACTA or indicate the date you postmarked your membership form and check. This will be verified with the Secretary/Treasurer.
- Nominee must have been involved in classroom instruction (including laboratory and discussion sections) for a minimum of one year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) or the equivalent.
- Must be a graduate student in good academic standing.
Selection Criteria FOR YOUR DOSSIER:
- A cover page, including membership status to address eligibility. The cover page should include the following information:
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominator;
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominee;
- "Graduate Student Teaching Award Nomination" should be included on the cover page; and
- Cover letter addressed to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee.
- An essay by the nominee on his or her teaching philosophy, not to exceed five typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A complete description of nominee's specific teaching involvement.
- A self-evaluation of nominee's teaching activities (e.g., what was done well and where could improvements be made).
- A summary of student evaluations of teaching, plus completed Teacher - Current Student or Teacher Alumnus/Alumna forms from 2-3 current or former students.
- A completed Graduate Student Evaluation Form from a faculty member directly involved in the nominee's teaching activities.
- A completed Graduate Student Evaluation Form from an administrator directly related to the nominee's teaching activities.
- A statement about nominee's involvement in activities related to teaching outside of the classroom (clubs, review sessions, committees, etc.)
- Nominee's resume/vita, limited to 4-pages total.
A photograph and short biography of each award recipient will be included in the awards program at the annual conference. Submit a biography not to exceed 150 words in WordPerfect or Word format, along with a good picture in the form of a JPG or GIF file (the larger/better quality, the better your picture will be) and don't forget your funniest moment in teaching story. The biography, picture, and funny story should be uploaded along with your award packet.
For each nominee, upload one single PDF file that includes all nomination materials (all documents, letters of support, teaching evaluations and other relevant documents) at the website by 11:59 PM on February 1st.