- Inclusion of the NACTA John Deere Award Checklist at the beginning of the nominee's file.
- An essay by the nominee on his or her teaching philosophy, not to exceed five typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A one paragraph summary of the nominee's agriculture program with specific emphasis on student learning experiences and intended/actual learning outcomes.
- A statement and/or letter by the academic administrative officer to include or verify:
- That the nominee has had a full-time appointment with at least 25% teaching for the past five years.
- An evaluation of the nominee's performance by one academic administrative officer using the "NACTA Teacher Evaluation Form - Administrative Officer."
- Any additional support remarks deemed appropriate by the administrative officer.
- A summary of the placement records of recent graduates (last three years) from the respective program.
- Evaluations of the nominee's teaching performance by recent students (last three years) must be included. Since most institutions have an in-house teacher evaluation system, a summary of recent data on the nominee's performance as assessed by the home institution's system is appropriate. Such an analysis must be accompanied by appropriate interpretive materials and a copy of the evaluation instrument employed. The NACTA Teacher Evaluation Form - Current Student may be used if the nominee's home institution does not collect and analyze student evaluations or to supplement your institution's in-house evaluation system (include no more than ten evaluations).
- At least five and not more than ten completed Teacher - Current Student Forms from current students. Please see the NACTA Awards main page.
- Evaluation of the nominee's teaching by recent alumni (last five years). At least five and not more than ten completed Teacher - Alumnus/Alumna Forms by recent graduates should be provided using the NACTA Teacher Evaluation Form - Alumnus/Alumna.
- Evidence of continuing professional development of the nominee such as academic course work and/or non-credit commercial in-service courses completed.
- Nominee's resume/vita limited to 4-pages total.
A photograph and short biography of each award recipient will be included in the awards program at the annual conference. Submit a biography not to exceed 150 words in WordPerfect or Word format, along with a good picture in the form of a JPG or GIF file (the larger/better quality, the better your picture will be) and your funniest moment in teaching story to be shared during the awards presentation. This single file should be submitted using the online submission system where you'll submit your award packet.
Deadline for all nomination materials is 11:59 PM on March 1.
First impressions do count. Attention to neatness of organization, format, and presentation of dossiers can make a difference.
New instructions: Submit all award nominations online at http://nactaawards.expressacademic.org/login.php
Deadline: Nomination materials for all awards (except Distinguished Educator and Teaching Award of Merit) must be uploaded to the website by 11:59 PM on February 1.