Special Criteria for NACTA Judging and Student Service Award
The NACTA Judging and Student Service Award is presented to a faculty member who has provided exceptional service to students, with special emphasis on those coaching competitive judging teams who have participated in the annual NACTA Judging Conference. Other areas of consideration include involvement in other student service activities, teaching accomplishments, and integration of the nominees judging program and activities with the overall academic experience and institution’s mission. Additional criteria evaluated includes: student service philosophy, evaluations by current students and/or alumni; peer evaluation; administrative officer evaluation; and continued professional development of the faculty member. Evaluation forms can be found by clicking the proper form title in the "Evaluation Forms" menu box located on the left-hand side of this screen.
Recipients receive a plaque and a cash stipend. Please consult the selection criteria below for a more concise listing of criteria when preparing your award packet.
To qualify for the award, a NACTA member must have been involved with coaching competitive teams in the annual NACTA Judging Conference for a minimum of 5 years.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR YOUR DOSSIER
- A cover page, including membership status to address eligibility. The cover page should include the following information:
Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominator;
Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominee;
A list of the awards for which the nominee is being nominated; and
A cover letter addressed to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee which provides details of the nominee’s active membership in NACTA and length of involvement in the NACTA Judging Conference.
- A summary of the nominee’s involvement and contributions to the NACTA Judging Conference, not to exceed two typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A summary of the nominee’s activities and accomplishments in teaching and other student service activities, not to exceed two typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A statement of the nominee's personal philosophy on student service, not to exceed two typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
Evidence showing how coaching judging teams and other student service activities have enhanced the academic experience for students and how the nominees judging program integrates with the curriculum and contributes to the academic mission of the institution, not to exceed two typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- Letters of support from 3-4 current or recent former students. Students should complete the Teacher Evaluation forms on the NACTA Awards main page.
A completed Teacher - Administrative Officer Form from and supporting statements from an administrator familiar with the nominee's teaching and student service activities. Please see the NACTA Awards main page.
- A completed Teacher - Peer Form and supporting statements from a faculty peer. Please see the NACTA Awards main page.
- A self- evaluation of nominee's teaching and student service activities to include the following sections:
10. Nominee's resume/vita, limited to 4-pages total.
Attendance at annual meeting: Nominees should recognize that NACTA and sponsors expect awardees to be present at the annual conference to receive their awards. A consent of nomination implies that the nominee has an intention and, if selected for an award, will make a reasonable attempt to attend the annual conference. All award recipients are expected to participate/make presentations at future NACTA conferences.
A photograph and short biography of each award recipient will be included in the awards program at the annual conference. Submit a biography not to exceed 250 words in WordPerfect or Word format, along with a good picture in the form of a JPG or GIF file (the larger/better quality, the better your picture will be). The biography and picture should be sent via e-mail to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee.
NACTA Judging and Student Service Award criteria (Scoring form)
DEADLINE FOR ALL NOMINATION MATERIALS is 11:59 PM on February 1st via the website.
First impressions do count. Attention to neatness of organization, format, and presentation of dossiers can make a difference.
Updated December 22, 2015