New this year: All posters will automatically be entered into the 3rd Annual NACTA Poster Contest.
The poster (abstract) number should be visible on the top right or left corner of your poster. This is how your poster will be identified for voting.
Posters will be judged by the NACTA conference participants who will “vote” for what they consider the best poster. When the conference participant enters into a poster session, they will each receive three (3) voting tickets. After viewing the posters and visiting with the presenter, they place their three tickets into an envelope with the corresponding poster number for what they consider the best poster. Voting will be closed at the end of each session. This will be the process for EACH poster session.
Here are some suggestions for creating your poster:
- Posters should be no more than 48 inches (122 cm) by 40 inches (102 cm).
- Posters should be readable from a distance of 5 to 6 feet (up to 2 meters)
- For adequate visibility, capital letters should be at least 3/8 inch (1 cm) high after enlargement to full poster size
- Photographs should be a minimum of 5 x 7 inches.
- Assemble titles, text, illustrations, graphics, tables, etc. on your poster clearly and effectively
- Avoid presenting too much information and creating visual congestion.
- Present text in short, concise statements; avoid excessive blocks of text.
- Effectively use white space
- Balance text and graphics
- Create logical organization and flow
You can view posters from past NACTA Conferences here: http://www.nactateachers.org/annual-nacta-conference.html . (Choose the University of Wisconsin or Penn State Conferences.) Also, you can download a form that provides a quick evaluation of your poster here: http://tinyurl.com/postereval
Winners will be announced at the NACTA Awards Banquet. Winners will receive a certificate and their poster will be featured on the NACTA website and Facebook.
- First place will receive a $150 Amazon gift certificate
- Second place will receive a $100 Amazon gift certificate
- Third place will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate
For All Posters